North Dakota State Record Fish Requirements
- All recognized fish must be harvested by legal methods for recreational fishing and come from North Dakota waters that are open for public fishing.
- All new state record fish must be weighed on a scale used commercially and certified by the North Dakota Public Service Commission or an equivalent authoritative agency in other states or Canadian provinces.
- a. All weights must be rounded to the nearest ounce.
- In the presence of an employee of the North Dakota Game and Fish Department, the actual fish (not pictures) must be visually verified within 90 days of the catch.
- Angler must thoroughly complete and submit to the Department a Whopper card application (Whopper Club Application) or a hand-written or typed note with all similar information.
- A recognizable photo of the fish must be furnished to the Department.
- A fin sample may be required/collected for some species for genetic analysis.