The following information is from the 2014 season and is provided for reference only. This information will be updated once the 2015 proclamation has been signed and the 2015 hunting guide finalized.
Special Youth Deer Season
Open to residents only.
- --- 2014 Season Closed ---
- Opens: September 19 (12 noon Central Time)
- Closes: September 28
- Application Deadlines:
- Restricted youth antlered mule deer lottery: June 4
- Regular youth season: September 1
- Areas: Statewide
- Restrictions: Ages 11 (who qualify), 12 and 13 – antlerless white-tailed deer only. Ages 14 and 15 – any deer is legal, except antlerless mule deer in units 3B1, 3B2, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E and 4F. No unit restrictions, except in units 3B1, 3B2, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E and 4F, a special license is required to hunt antlered mule deer. Those possessing restricted antlered mule deer licenses may hunt only in their designated unit the entire season. Orange clothing required for youth hunters and mentors.
Licensing FAQs (includes youth specific questions)
The following links are to deer hunting guide sections that include youth specific information.