Landowners, are you interested in?
- Managing, establishing and enhancing grassland habitat.
- Managing native forest or establishing woodland habitat.
- Managing, establishing and enhancing wetland habitat.
- Cropland management methods that benefit wildlife.
- Establishing wildlife food plots.
- Managing expiring CRP for pheasants.
- Developing habitat for upland game, big game, waterfowl and other grassland nesting birds.
- Protecting or restoring riparian habitat, lake shoreline or water quality.
PLOTS Payments and Agreements
PLOTS provides financial and technical assistance to private landowners for habitat protection, enhancement and development. Landowners accepting assistance through PLOTS agree to allow public access for walk-in hunting. Payment structures, payment types and agreement lengths vary depending on type of agreement and land use. Payments may be one-time, upfront or annual and agreement lengths vary from two years up to 30 years. Cost-share for developing or enhancing habitat is also available. Please contact a biologist in your area for specific details and program information or click Contact Me and a biologist will get in contact with you.