Is this animal infected?
- Infected animals have hairless growths on their skin
- These growths are:
- Variable in color, texture, number and size (from a dime to a baseball)
- Often found around eyes and neck, but may also be on the body or legs
Can I get it?
- People cannot get this type of wart
How bad can it get?
No risk to humans
Protect myself and others
- Trim away infected tissue – it is unappetizing and should not be eaten
- Once infected tissue has been trimmed away, meat can be cooked and eaten
Symptoms in humans
- None – people are not at risk
Safe for pets?
Yes – After trimming away infected tissue
What causes it?
- A virus in the Papillomavirus group